What is Your Problem?
The way you answer this question can lead to success—or failure.
Signs You Need Help
1. You are losing great people to your competitors.
You’re not losing the ones you are happy to say goodbye to, you are losing people you have mentored and were sure they would be a part of your team for the long haul.
2. Morale continues to decline
Morale continues to decline and you’re out of ideas.
3. Frequent Reminders
Your leadership team frequently has to be reminded that they are the role models for the rest of the organization.
4. Your leaders expect people just to do the job
You / your leaders expect people just to do the job they are being paid for and hold themselves accountable for success.
5. Revenue and profit have decreased
Revenue and profit have decreased, but expenses have increased.
6. You are losing customers
You are losing customers and/or more customers are complaining.
7. The organization sometimes feels like a group of disjointed departments
The organization sometimes feels like a group of disjointed departments that are constantly complaining about each other.
8. Spending all of your time settling disputes.
Your leaders are spending all of their time settling disputes.
9. Growing at an alarming rate
You have been growing and adding employees at an alarming rate…it feels like no one knows what anyone else is doing anymore.
10. Need help getting back on track
You want your career to expand and/or need help getting it back on track.
11. You and your supervisor have a tense relationship
You and your supervisor have a tense relationship and you don’t know how to fix it.
12. Employees believe “the way we have always done it”
Employees believe “the way we have always done it” is the right way and don’t look for ways to improve.
13. #1 is accepted by leadership
#1 is accepted by leadership. In fact, leaders feel the same way.
14. Changes are met with so much resistance
Changes are met with so much resistance, it is not even worth trying.
15. Results are not measured and tracked
Results are not measured and tracked, and successes are seldom celebrated.
16. Hired consultants don't deliver results
16. In the past, we have hired consultants that charge too much money and don’t deliver results.
17. We haven’t had time to do anything with the plan
We created a strategic plan, but we haven’t had time to do anything with it.
18. Not sure the plan will go anywhere.
The leadership team has tried to implement our strategic plan, but it is a lot of work for them…not sure it will go anywhere.
19. We don't know how to get there
We are HERE. We want to go THERE. We don’t know how. But we need to get THERE quickly.
20. Employees agree, then do nothing
We keep telling the employees about our goals and their part…they agree, then do nothing.